15 April 2014

Blue White Day at Penn State

My family had a wonderful time this past Saturday in State College, PA at the Blue White game day activities.  The weather was perfect, and so were all of the events.  I am so glad to see Coach Franklin bringing many of the fan related things back & also making it his own, too.  Here are some photos from the day and we walked 6 miles that day back & forth across campus and in  out of the stadium.  I was not able to get photos of the family enjoying their ice cream (frozen dessert) at the Creamery, or our dinner at the Tavern downtown on College Ave.  I didn't drag the camera with me & I didn't think to use my phone.  Oh, well still loads of great memories to put in the family album  Enjoy the pics!

These are from the autograph session with the team.  We got in line at 9:30 for the 10:45 session. It was so great to be able to meet our favorite players.  Eerie seeing the stadium from the field & the stands empty...








The players pictured are Quarterback #14 Christian Hackenburg, and Tight-end #18 Jessie James.  My husband and the kids were so glad to see the players.  They also got #81 Adam Breneman also a tight-end.  Yes, I was also crushing over Hackenburg - he's a cutie.  Can't wait for the football season to start.

We were able to sit down close to the field to watch the game (scrimmage).  That is one of the best things about this annual event.  It gives the fans a chance to see their favorite team & players up close.  It's just a great day of fun in the sun (this year anyhow).  I've been there too when it's been miserably cold & raining, too.  Kick off was at 1:30


a chance to hear the Blue Band...


see the cheerleaders...


the ultimate fan...

the gates where the team enters...





After dinner the family & I went to the shrine to get some photos there and also in front of the Palmer Art Museum.  The kids had a blast.  I would have liked to do more & get some shopping in, but it was just about dark and we still needed to drive home and everyone was getting tired.  Did I mention that the moon was gorgeous?  I hope that you are enjoying the photos and my posts.  I hope to have some completed pages soon to share here, too.













No comments:

Post a Comment