20 April 2014

Happy EASTER !!!

Wishing everyone a happy Easter today.  Today was the 3rd family meal I've cooked in the past 6 months; I don't mind doing it, but I am glad that it's done, too.  Here are a few photos of the prep:

Green Bean Casserole ready for the oven

Corn with REAL butter - ready to be warmed.

Spiral cut ham with spiced apple rings.
I also had mashed potatoes with homemade gravy.  I must credit my husband with making the gravy, he likes it from scratch & he does a very good job with it, too.  I hate making it from scratch, I always burn it or it's too runny or thick.  I can never get it right.

Also had the table & dishes ready.  I was able to use my new flatware that I bought for myself with my Christmas money & my new toothpick holder to match my dishes.  It's such a CUTE little crock!  Yesterday I picked the daffodils that were laying on the ground & brought them home for the table.  Then I sent them home with my MIL to enjoy since she was unable to get up to the mountain & see them blooming in the woods.

the table set & ready for everyone to arrive.

daffodils & my toothpick holder.

my clean hutch

my new flatware
Our family had a good time together today.  It was nice to have everyone here.  My MIL was very grateful to not have to cook today, too.  She said she was able to come home from church & take a nap & that was nice to be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment