22 March 2015

My 2nd T-shirt Quilt

Today I started on my 2nd t-shirt quilt.  This one is for my daughter Lizzie.  I am thinking of making it a rag quilt since she has SOooo many t-shirts; this way I can sandwich the batting with a t-shirt square on each side and double the number of shirts used.  I already have 40 squares cut and another shopping bag full of shirts!


This is my two piles of shirts already cut.  I also had a jacket for Lizzie from cheerleading that I've decided to cut apart and remove the zippers so I can add it to the quilt.  I'll need to do some sewing before that square is ready.  I'll post a photo of it once I'm finished stitching the pockets closed & making the seam where the zipper was located.


Lizzie's quilt will have shirts from school, band, cheerleading, Girl Scouts and Job's Daughter's.  She also has a very good variety of colors.  I'm anxious to lay out the squares for this one.

I took a break this evening to go out to dinner with my Husband, tomorrow is our 19th Wedding Anniversary.  We had a terrific meal and enjoyed our time alone without the kids.  Amazing how 2 hours alone will recharge your batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment