04 April 2015

My 2nd T-shirt Quilt (#2)

When cleaning up today while getting ready for Easter Dinner tomorrow; I took a break from cleaning to discuss the quilt with my daughter & to get her input about making this one a rag quilt style.  She has SO many t-shirts that I can put them on both sides of the quilt.  I have 10 more to cut for the backing & then I can plan the layout for the 2nd side of the quilt.  My daughter & I laid out the top-side of the quilt which I'll call side #1.  Below is a photo of the first go round.  As I found with my son's quilt, there will be a few revisions with the layout before I'm going to be satisfied with the colors & flow of the quilt-top.


I was attempting to keep her band/school shirts to one side of the quilt and her cheer leading shirts on the other side.  However there is too much yellow to the one side and too much white on the other.  I am going to have to mix it up more.  I'm also still debating over the "D.A.R.E." shirt being in the center.  Thinking that maybe it should be her green cheer jacket instead.



This angle shows the lopsidedness of the colors.  I'd like it more balanced than what it is now.  I also have 10 more shirts to cut which I may do before I start cooking dinner tomorrow.

I'll also need to rearrange my furniture so that I have more floor space for working with full/queen sized quilt layouts.  This just isn't working. LOL!


My good camera is in Florida with my husband & son on a Band trip to Disney.  I had to resort to my cell phone camera which just makes my skin crawl, but I wanted to remember the layout of the shirts.  My phone did fairly well.

I am anticipating getting into this project to get it done for my daughter.  We did make a trip to Hobby Lobby tonight & purchased the batting.  I now have everything here to keep moving on this project in between working & everything else on my plate.  Hang on for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment