05 July 2012

Fireworks


I wanted to share with you my 'success' in capturing our local fireworks display.  I'm not totally happy with the results, however they are improving each time I attempt to photograph them...


 I always forget from year to year about the farm down the road.  I can't see their light, yet they always end up in my photographs.


 I was disappointed that the colors didn't show as brightly as I had hoped for...

 even on a tripod, I still got camera shake b/c I had to hit the button to take the photo.





 I am approximately 6 miles from where they are being launched from...

 There was a storm coming in as well, so the air was heavy.  We had some 'heat' lightening  during the show as well last night.  I am amazed at how much light my camera picks up on even with no flash.  Amazes me at the amount of light pollution even in my semi-rural area.





I hope you enjoy these.

Here's a link  to some really great tips for photographing fireworks from Nick Kelsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment