23 July 2012

Life can bring you down

I felt the need to make a post that allows me to rant...sorry.

Have you ever felt overwhelmed with your life?  I have been experiencing that quite a bit recently.  Just when you think you're getting caught up and have 'all your ducks in a row' so to speak, WHAM!  Life gives you a road block. 

In my case it was a back injury getting out of my van.  Yes, go ahead and laugh, everyone else has; as I exited my van from being 'Mom's Taxi' two weeks ago I got a sharp pain that immediately took me to my knees.  Maybe that was the Lord trying to tell me I needed to pray more often, (giggle) some sense of humor.  That was a Thursday morning, that Saturday we were to attend a family reunion so my children could meet some of their distant cousins from my side of the family tree.  The days ahead were full of items that needed to be accomplished in order for the activities and my household to run smoothly. I had no time to be down & out for the count.  Well the Lord had other plans for me - I was to SLOW DOWN.  Patience is not one of my better virtues, can you tell?  Also coming up is some major construction at out house.  Paper work that needs submitted for end of fiscal year, so many 'things'.  No way can I afford to be flat on my back!

A great mystery our skeletal system is, that something so simple as twisting as we've all done so many times and never had an issue can keep you from functioning to do the simplest of things - like getting out of a chair, rolling over while in bed, pulling up you pants!  There is so much that we take for granted in our daily lives.  I am so thankful to have a wonderful chiropractor.  For all the skeptics out there (you know who you are) don't knock it until you've tried them.  I've been to some of the best orthopedic doctors on the east coast & Scott far excels them in most areas.  I'll use traditional medicine when needed, but I LOVE Scott.  He's been treating me for 12 years now off & on as well as the rest of my family.  Scott saw me the very next day, adjusted my back as I had a twisted pelvis and another part of my spine was out of place as well - I can't recall what he told me anymore.  I felt much better for the next three days, then pain again.  For those of you have had this treatment you know it's not unusual for it to move out of place after an adjustment.  I went back to get realigned.  After the 2nd adjustment I felt good for about a day before the pain returned.  This pain was different that the original injury and different symptoms; I was progressively getting worse with my walking, and movements getting up; and forget getting out of bed!  I simply couldn't do any of these things unassisted.  During this time my children were very good about assisting Mom with getting up, cleaning the house and what not.  For a short time they made me very proud to be helping out the way they were & no sibling squabbles either.  As most parents know this never lasts for very long...

Since the pain was different this time my wonderful Dr. sent me for some x-rays to see if there was an injury we were missing.  I am waiting for those results, in the time being most of the pain has disappeared and I have been able to return to almost my daily routine.  I still get a twinge when trying to pick something up from the floor.  Remember to bend those knees people!  So very important.

In the midst of all of this with my back, my husband has two appointments about possible back surgery as well (quite the pair)  and my daughter and son both need to be delivered and picked up from their activities; while I am unable to drive and my husband is working a full time & part-time job.  My being down really throws a monkey wrench into our life.  I have wonderful supportive friends and family.  They assist us without a second thought.  I am anxious to find out what the x-rays show; I am hoping nothing serious - I want to heal and return to my regular routine.  I also have a trip to prepare for along with a week of band camp for my son and getting my daughter ready for a week away too.  The next several days will be hectic and hopefully everything will get accomplished.

The x-ray results came in this morning - nothing unusual; so my Dr. referred  me to his Physical Therapist for evaluation.   After several simple tests and movements - we came to the conclusion that at this point it's muscle spasms from the original injury.  Now we just need to get it to calm down - hopefully it's soon!    I so want to enjoy my trip to Showcase.

OK - rant's done.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment