13 December 2012

Holiday Photo Ops

During this time of year we have many times that we can take photos of our children in their activities.  I am posting a few photos that are not the 'best' however; it allows me to tell the story even though the photos aren't great and some do not even have my children in them.  This is often the case as we attend school/church concerts, plays, and other activities during this holiday season.  Don't let that stop you from taking your camera and snaping a few photos anyhow.  You'll be amazed at how those out of focus, missing child photos bring on the memories in years to come.  The kids & you won't care that they aren't in the photo.  What they will remember is the fun and joy of the performance and that you were there to see them.  Those 'mishap' photos will warm their hearts.





 Like with these two photos I could only get a partial head shot of my son.  Even today after last night's concert he's giggling about the shots.

This photo show the Band Director & the general area of where my son is on stage.





My daughter was not even visible to us from the audience at last evening's performance.  This was all we could see of her since she plays percussion and is always in the back...

Her gracious Band Director was telling the parents that he was going to assemble all of the students across the front of the stage for a photo op.  (No wonder I like him so much!)








Thanks to his forethought I was able to get these wonderful photos after the performance, yet on stage of my daughter.

Then once getting home both kids nicely posed for me in their concert duds since I was unable to get all of the shots I wanted of them at the concert (got lucky this year - HS and MS [6th grade] performed together) and so glad that they were cooperative.  Thanks kids!


I can't wait to see what sort of page layouts I get from these.  I do already know how the story will go and my children are laughing about it already as is my husband.  They'll never forget it though!




No comments:

Post a Comment