11 October 2016

Some relaxation for me...

Among all of my chaos, I decided I needed an outlet to be able to decompress from all of the events and their stresses that they brought.  I found Ornament Girls (check out the link to the left).  I have had a wonderful time making these ornaments and feeling good about getting back to my crafty side.  I also feel better about keeping up my promise to myself and tradition of having hand made ornaments for the tree.

Here are a few of the kits I've completed:


 



This was my very first ornament.  I had a lot of fun making this and Staci's video was a great instructional for making this ornament.

I'm glad I ordered several kits as this is quick and easy, but I can only make about one a week so my finger tips don't hurt from pushing pins.  I need to be able to type for work.  Sore finger pads is not a good idea.  Each ornament takes me about an hour to make.



This is version one, I made some changes to the second one of these that I made.


This is version two, I like it much better, I still did the band the same as in version one by adding the star sequins to it.  I love the sparkle it adds and looks very patriotic.  I also reversed the order of the ribbons for the bows on top.  My OCD kicks in with having the heavier ribbon on top of the thinner ribbon, I may still go back & redo the 1st version.

This is the Christmas in July ornament, kind of looks like a pinecone.

A different folding technique for this one, also not my most favorite color scheme, but I do like the looks of this ornament, also has an adorable charm like the very 1st one.

I have many more that I've made, will add them later in a separate post.  I hope that this has piqued your interest.  Be sure to check it out through my link on the left side of this blog page.

Edited on 10/15/2016 to add photos:


A variation of the Christmas In July ornament, my husband suggested alternating the colors, rather than having the rows of colors.

plus one of my own creations...with ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment