30 September 2013

Gettysburg 150th

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend an encampment with New Birth Of Freedom, Boy Scouts of America at the George Spangler Farm in Gettysburg, PA with my son's Boy Scout Troop.  There were almost 3000 scouts in attendance.  I must say  that it was one of the best run events I think I have ever attended.  It was a well oiled machine...boys arrived at appointed station in a timely manner, and the Park Rangers did a tremendous job with educating all of us in attendance, and some 600 of the boys were able to participate in various service projects for the battlefield.  My son's Troop was one of those fortunate enough to take part.  This was a privilege and an honor to be a part of this as it is the 150th Anniversary of this historic battle in the Civil War.

I would like to share several of the photos from this past weekend with you:












The boys had a great time & we were all worn out from ALL of the walking, but it was nothing that the Soldiers from the Civil War had endured...

No comments:

Post a Comment