18 May 2015

My 2nd T-shirt Quilt (#4)

When I posted last I had 2 seams I needed to rip out & re-stitch, plus then sew all 5 columns together; which was interrupted by an arthritis flare up & a 5-day vacation with the hubby & adult friends (no kids).  Of course I couldn't pass up that opportunity.  I had a great time away however I was glad to have today free to finish the stitching on my daughter's rag quilt.  I got it all assembled today.



Like I noted in the photo I somehow got the two outermost columns switched & didn't realize it until I looked at the photo.  There are only two squares that conflict...Lizzie will just need to learn to live with it that way. 


My hands are so sore from the 5+ hours of sewing & trimming of the outer edges.    I still need to clip all of the inner seams, I may put Lizzie to work on those since my hands are swollen from doing what I did today.


This is the reverse side of the quilt.  I think it turned out really well.  Lizzie came home & saw this side she was gonna take it to her bed until I told her there were still 16 rows of seams to still clip. I did a specialty stitch around the entire outside edge of the quilt.  I had considered putting on a binding, but my sore hands won out over a binding with interfacing, and more seams...

It's finished and it will be a little longer than a coverlet on her double bed.  It's 74" x 74".  Now to soak the fingers.  George massaged my hands for about 30 minutes tonight which helped, but need to get the swelling down in time for work tomorrow.

On to my next project. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment