23 April 2012

Spring Cleaning Continued...

WOW! I have been so busy to even post recently. I am proud to say that the entire family assisted me with cleaning up the 1st floor of the house this past Saturday.  In the sprit of spring cleaning I have also been purging computer files and backing up photos and uploading to free storage sites, too.  Time to get rid of the cobwebs in ALL aspects of my life.  Been cluttered for way too long.

Be sure to become a member of my blog! I recently added this feature to the blog.  If you are a fellow blogger, please link if you like what you see.  I have been cleaning up my You Tube & Pinterest pages too and they are also linked to my blog on the right under Favorite Links. Also working on getting 4Shared, Photo Bucket & Picasa sites ready for public viewing as well. I'll add them when they are ready; don't forget my FB Fan Page, too.

The past week has been hectic, but very productive for me personally. It has gotten me energized for the weeks that lay ahead. There are so many activities to attend for the end of year stuff for the kids and then right into vacation & summer camps...before you know it August 25th will be here & time to get ready for School to begin all over again. I am amazed at how it just FLIES by.
Here are some after photos of the clean rooms in the house:
Living Room

Dining Room


Kitchen Island

clear counter

Ham, Potatoes & Green Beans: cooking away earlier today for supper
I was able to work all day today without having to think about the meal; I was also clearing out leftovers from the refrigerator!  Left over Ham from Easter and just added the ham stock from the ham and some large cubed potatoes; after about 5 hours added the green beans and just kept warm until dinner time (about 5 pm).  Worked out fantabulously - both kids have their meetings tonight & DH is running them to their events.


back deck even got cleaned!

Deck #2

Deck #3

Deck #4
The boys used the shop vac to blow the petals off the flowers on the cherry tree before the heavy rain that was coming on Saturday evening.  He he he - it looked like it was snowing!  It was a huge help though - the deck would be much worse than it is here if they hadn't done that.



These next two photos are of the room with the fireplace; it is my work in progress area...organized, but needs put away in its proper places.
Fireplace Room #1

Fireplace #2
 In the first picture is Eric's bin to organize all the nails, screws, nuts, bolts, and other hardware and will eventually have a home in the newly cleared garage.  My goal for this room is to be able to use this desk to work off of when I crop by myself instead of the island or dining room table.  that way I don't need to put it away to make/serve dinner to the gang.  The other Fireplace picture is of the wood box that I need to get the outside painted sage green & stenciled with my pine cone & pine branch stamps.  It also shows all of my cases for when I travel to crops as a CMC with my cardstock (in the coffin) one for my cricut, another for my sizzix & dies, my carry-all bag contains my current album project, the daisy case hold mt 12' trimmers, notebooks with CCS, and the Creative Cuts Box.  It may seem like a lot of cases, but all are on wheels to make it earlier for me to travel since my shoulder surgery.  It seems to be working; also saves my back from having to lift everything.  The pile in the middle of the room are my personal supplies, props for workshops, open houses, and other vendor events.  All needs to be packed better & send to storage until I need it.

Tomorrow I will attempt to tackle my office upstairs.  I need to purge & make room for many of these cases to go there.  Will keep you posted on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment