18 April 2012

Spring Cleaning

I have been on a mission the past few weeks.  I am SO tired of all the clutter.  I spent most of Easter weekend working on organizing the cabin & the shed at the cabin while Eric & the kids cut & brought in firewood to be split for this winter and next.  They were quite busy...





Just a few photos to show how much work they all did...the daughter is getting a tad bit bored with the work :)


Not every trip to the cabin is a working trip; we did have a bit of fun on this one, too.  We hid some plastic eggs for the kids to have an egg hunt.  Even the 15 year-old still enjoys it, though he'll never admit to it :)

The kitty even enjoyed the warm days. 


Then I came home to washing all the linens from the cabin and moved right into the De-cluttering of the garage.  We've lived in our current home for over 11 years and I was at my rope's end about not being able to park my van in the garage along with hubby's motorcycle & the kids bikes, etc. and to have boxes sitting everywhere and not have access to the garage attic because of ALL the clutter.  I unfortunately don't have a before picture, I only have the after...
This picture shows a pile on the left that still needs to be purged.  Along with my son's backside as he's attempting to get out of the frame of the shot - he he he.  He's my HUGE helper.  I can't complain, most of the time he's a great kid.

Now for the garage to STAY this way.

I have now moved on to my daughter's room.  A few months ago my nephew assisted me with the cleaning of her room only to have it return to it's current state of disarray within a few days of our hard work.  I've since been working a little each day to remove articles of clothing and toys she has LONG since outgrown, but refuses to part with them.

I am also doing this with ALL of my craft & scrapbook items.  Needless to say the rest of the house and all of our lives are suffering.  Because in order to clean up and become organized you create a larger mess at the beginning.  I can say though it's starting to pay off!  I have donated 5 garbage bags of clothing and two huge boxes of other misc. items.  They are out of my house & I am feeling better about the purging process.  I just now need to get the rest of the family on board.  Check back in a few days - I'll try to post more photos of my progress along with some tips and great sites to help you get started.

#1 be willing to throw things out!

No comments:

Post a Comment