07 August 2013

Half way through Summer! Say it's not so...

I can not believe that summer here in the northern hemisphere is already half over.  Here in the NE United States it has been a wetter & cooler than usual summer season, no complaints from me about that!  I love the fact that I have been able to get out & do more this summer.  Since I suffer from asthma I don't miss those triple H days (Hazy, Hot, Humid) for those who aren't familiar with them.  They usual also contain a good late afternoon thunderstorm, too.

As the middle of August approaches my mind is turning towards the kids returning to school, the upcoming Labor Day weekend and my family's shortened time for family activities.  Once the kids are back in school our family time will be at a premium because both children are involved in band.  That means a lot of broken up weekends.  I do enjoy going to as many of their events that I can & I am always there with my camera and different lenses ready to preserve the event for posterity.  I am excited for this football season since I have found a great place to rent different lenses from.  This will allow me to play with lenses and not have a HUGE investment in the lens.  That way if I don't like how the lens worked I am not stuck with it.  I am also looking forward to using some new devices on my camera that a friend introduced me to while we were on vacation.

Here's to hoping to improve my photography skills and maybe some day doing it for income & not just for me...

What things are you looking forward to for the end of summer?  Any great plans for the fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment